Theme: I Survived my Battle against COVID19
In celebration of 450th Kalibo Founding Anniversary 2021
Registration until 02 November 2021
Deadline for submission of Entries until 5 November 2021
Join the I Survived! Short Story Writing Contest!
- English Category
- Akeanon Category
1. Open to all Kalibonhon writers aged 15 and above.
2. The stories should contain the experience of the writer when she/he tested positive for COVID 19. A maximum limit of 5,000 words (including the title) should be strictly observed. Entries that will exceed these number of words will be automatically disqualified.
3. Only 1 entry per writer regardless of category will be accepted.
4. Write the stories in 8.5 x 11 (short size bond paper), using Times New Roman or Book Antiqua, 12 font size, single spaced. Include the number of words used per story. Write your name, and your contact details.
5. To register, click this link: https://bit.ly/3EdRpBl ; Registration until 02 November 2021.
6. Email your entries to email@example.com on or before 5 November 2021, 12nn (Philippine Time). Subject: I Survived_Category_Name of Writer.
Include in your entry: full name, address, sex, contact number and attach copy of:
A. RT-PCR test with positive result (Authenticity will be validated with the Kalibo MHO)
B. ID with proof of address or Brgy. Certificate
C. 2-3 photos during your ordeal/ battle with covid19
(with permission to share & use as part of your story)
We only accept online submissions. No entry fee will be collected for this contest.
7. Judging of Entries will be on November 8, 2021. The board of judges will select three winners and 10 finalists that will receive cash prizes, and certificate of Recognition.
First prize – P7, 000.00
Second prize – P 5, 000.00
Third prize – P 3, 000.00
and ten finalists will receive P 500.00 cash.
Criteria for judging:
1. Content / Relevance to the theme – 50%
2. Creativity/ Style & Originality – 30%
3. Coherence of form & structure – 20%
Entries will also be posted online via the Kalibo Public Affairs Facebook Page and Official LGU Website (https://kaliboaklan.gov.ph).